Tuesday, May 3, 2011

One Month Old!

Today (April 26th- I'm late on posting this :)) is Weston's one month birthday! This month has been such an amazing experience getting to know our little guy and adjusting to life with a baby. We love him SO much and watching him grow is so much fun!

Here are a few notes and facts I want to remember about Weston's first month of life:

~Weston is wearing a size 1 diaper. We're using disposable diapers right now because our one size cloth diapers aren't made for his skinny newborn legs!

~He is right between newborn and 3 month onesies (Carters brand). It's really just hit and miss- some newborn things still fit him, some are too small.

~He weighs around 10 pounds. Still less than Auntie Katie or I weighed when we were born :)

~The boucer is usually a big hit, especially in the morning. When I need to put him down to get ready or get soemthing done he usually enjoys being in his bouncer. The swing is hit and miss... sometimes he enjoys it, sometimes he screams.

~He eats every 3-4 hours. At night we got to bed around 10 and he usually wakes up twice to eat, around 2 am and 6 am, then we'll sleep a couple of more hours. We aren't really on a schedule during the day, I've read that most babies aren't until they're at least 4 months old. He does the normal newborn routine when we're home though of eating, being awake for a short time and then sleeping.. and then repeat. That's pretty much how our day goes :)

~We have been out and about quite a bit and he is usually great and just sleeps. He loves to be in his baby wrap, so I usually wear him when we're running errands.

~He's not a huge fan of his carseat unless he falls asleep while we're driving.

~He is a gassy baby! It's SO sad when he has gas- he kicks his legs and grunts a lot. Mylicon seems to help a little, but I'm hoping it gets better soon.

Overall he has been SUCH a great baby so far and has really made learning how to be a mom pretty easy. Here are some pictures from his first month:


First doctor's appointment:

Hanging out with dad

Weston with his cousins:

 
First bath


:

No comments:

Post a Comment