Monday, May 7, 2012
14.5 weeks - Baby #2
Well, many weeks later, I'm finally posting another update. I've now figured out why I didn't update the blog regularly early on with my first pregnancy- those are rough months! At my last post the nausea was starting to come on strong, and it really took over for a few weeks. Fortunately medicine helped me out quite a bit, and around 10 weeks it began to taper off. At 11 weeks I still had a finicky appetite and would still get nauseous, but it's nothing like what I felt from weeks 6-10. I am so thankful the worse was short lived and boy do I feel so sorry for the mamas who deal with even worse symptoms!
Now I am 14, well almost 15 weeks, and feeling even better. I can actually grocery shop without getting queasy and plan meals that sound somewhat appetizing. I'm not back to my old self completely, but this is so much more manageable than before. Our first midwife appointment for this little baby was on March 27 (8.5 weeks), the day after Weston's first birthday. Chris went with me and we were able to see our itty bitty baby wiggling all over the screen... apparently he/she is already very active! Every now and then I really think I'll feel a little flutter in my tummy, but I'm not 100 percent sure it's been the baby yet (it's super early, I know). My next appointment is this Thursday at 15 weeks. Since this is my second pregnancy I was given the option to spread out my early appointment to six weeks, which I was so thankful for. Finding a babysitter and driving to the Med Center is not super fun, so for me the more spaced out the better. Plus with all of my symptoms I've definitely felt pregnant this whole time, and haven't been worried at all. It will be reassuring to hear that little heartbeat again this week though! Hopefully I'll be able to schedule our gender ultrasound as well, I'm so ready to know what this little baby is! It's crazy to think that we already knew Weston was a boy at this point in my first pregnancy.
There isn't much of a belly to show yet, so I'm going to wait with the pictures. I can still wear most of my regular pants with the help of the belly band or ponytail holder, but I absolutely have broken out my maternity clothes as well. They are so much more comfy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment