We haven't told anyone yet.. We're the only two people who know and I'm dying to call everyone I know (especially my family) and tell them our great news! However, tomorrow is my mom's birthday and I think it would be even more fun to tell her in person at breakfast tomorrow with my sisters and niece there. And then this weekend we are headed to Lake Amistad to spend the weekend on a houseboat with Chris's family, so we'll get to tell them in person too!! And so I'm biting my tongue. Hard.
So here's the story of how I found out. I've only been off my BC since the end of June, and I really didn't think it'd happen this quickly. But I've been very curious at the same time, so as soon as a website said I could start taking early pregnancy tests, I did. And I got a negative result many times. After another negative result on Monday, July 19th, I told myself I'd wait until Thursday to take another if nothing had happened by then. Monday night I had a very vivid dream (about Charlie dying, SO sad!!) and I never remember my dreams. I also was getting slightly nauseous on Monday night and Tuesday, but attributed it to PMS. On Tuesday I had my sisters, Jadah and D'Andra over for brunch. We talked a lot that day about babies and being pregnant. At about 3:45 after the girls left, I decided I couldn't wait, I'd just try one more :) So I took the test. And I waited 3 very long minutes. I washed dishes to pass the time quicker and when I went back to the bathroom and looked at the test I saw- the one very pink line and then a verrrrry faint second line. I was SO happy!! I knew from my sister and all my negative tests that even a faint line usually means pregnancy. It was around 4:00pm when I found out and I had to wait 2 and a half very long hours until Chris came home. I'd asked him if we could go out to eat for dinner beacuse I didn't feel like cooking. When he finally came home I ran into our bedroom to grab my shoes and asked him to come in there too. I told him there was a little surprise for him on my dresser, where I had the positive test and a little onesie I had bought a week or so earlier that says "I love my dad". He was so excited and happy! But then he picked up the test and informed me he could barely see that second line, and kept asking me if I was sure. Luckily I had a digital test that I remembered, so I took that one right then. Again after a long three minutes it read "PREGNANT" and we finally knew :)
We spent that evening at dinner and going to Swirll discussing baby names and how to tell the rest of our family. We can't wait to share our news with everyone!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment