The past couple of weeks Weston has been battling a nasty cold. He's had a little cold before, but this one came with a fever (only for a day or two in the beginning), a lot of congestion, and a yucky cough. Having been a teacher in an elementary school for 6 years I've had my share of colds, so I know that they usually just run their course and clear up in a week or so. With a baby there is so much more to be worried about! It's so concerning to know that they could have an aching ear or a sore throat and just not be able to tell us! I watched for signs everyday of ear pulling, trouble eating, or fussiness, but he never seemed to display any of these symptoms. So I just worked with saline spray and a battery operated nasal aspirator (BEST invention ever- thank you Auntie Kate!) and tried to help the cold clear up on its own. Two weeks in though, when he was still coughing and having green snot (sorry for the TMI) I called and talked to the nurse at the pediatrician's office and decided to make a trip to see Dr. G. The picture above is Weston waiting for the doc. I know, I know, he sure doesn't look sick :) It was our first trip to the doctor for a sick visit, and turns out he was alright. Dr. G said he didn't have any fluid in his ears and his chest was clear, but she called in an antibiotic to the pharmacy and told me to have it filled if he wasn't significantly better by Thursday. Today is Thursday and he seems to be kicking the cold on his own, so I think we'll be able to avoid the meds this time.
On top of fighting a cold, Weston has also been cutting teeth! OUCH! This made it even more difficult to know what his symptoms were a result of... teething or the cold? He actually handled it like a champ and was really not too fussy at all for having a cold and getting two new teeth at the same time.
See those two very faint white lines on his bottom gums?
Sorry for the poor quality, he moves so fast it's nearly impossible to get a picture! Especially with my incredibly slow phone camera...


One more picture of his new, kinda toothy grin :)
Now if we could just get his sleep schedule back on track...


No comments:
Post a Comment