![]() |
| On his actual birthday! |
At one year old your little personality is really starting to develop. You are still more of a cautious baby- you don't try to get in to a lot or climb on everything. You love to open the kitchen cabinets, but that's usually as far as it gets- unless it's the tupperware cabinet which you know you're allowed to get in to. You sometimes find things on the floor, but you rarely try to put anything in your mouth. You've saved us from really having to do a lot of heavy duty baby proofing, which I am very thankful for.
You are also such a sweet, sweet boy. You love giving kisses, and you usually insist on giving more than one at a time. They are the slobbery, open mouth kisses but we all beg for you to give them to us. You hug us often and love being rocked to sleep. With kids your age you are learning how to play and share. You are usually in a nursery care type setting 3 times week- church, bible study and while I teach, and you are doing a much better job at not crying when I leave you. For the past few months you've stayed with Granna on Thursdays while I tutor and you had so much fun spending that time with her. You'd try to cry a little when I left to make me feel bad, but I always knew that you were fine within minutes after I left. I'm so glad you're getting better at that.
You are now a cruisin' machine. You pull up on anything and everything and you can move around easily as long as you're holding on to something. For the past couple of weeks you've been really practicing hard at standing up on your own and can go for about a 20 second stretch now before you get scared and fall to the ground. I think you'll have it down soon!
We had a rough stretch with sleeping this month, we're not sure if it was caused by teething or what, but it seems to have passed. We had also gotten in the habit of rocking you completely to sleep, so we've backed off of that and just put you down drowsy after you've had your last bottle now. You go to sleep around 7 pm and wake up around 7 am.
![]() |
| From our photoshoot with Auntie Kate. |
![]() |
| Big boy wearing his Toms! |
Weight: 25 lbs (80%)
Height: 30 inches (74%)
You wear mostly 12-18 month clothing, or 18months in Carters.
![]() |
| Post photoshoot- fell asleep on the swings ;) |




No comments:
Post a Comment