Friday, April 13, 2012

6 weeks- Baby #2!

This post was written on March 9, 2012..

Two weeks ago was a day, much like this one that we won't soon forget. It was Friday, February 24 and the day before I had stopped and purchased a few pregnancy tests, knowing there was a chance I might need them in the upcoming months. We knew we wanted two kids, and that we wanted them close together, so we were hoping to get pregnant again around Weston's first birthday. That day though, we got a little surprise and found out that we were a little ahead of our own plan. Weston went down for his afternoon nap that day and I decided to go ahead and take one of the pregnancy tests just to see, though I hadn't really been feeling any strong symptoms. I was in complete and utter shock when it came back positive, and then realized there was still 3 hours until Chris was coming home.
We were going to the Rodeo Cookoff with Katie and Shawn that evening, so when Chris came home he was rushing to get ready to leave. I stopped him just before we were about to walk out the door and just said, "I have some news to share with you before we go.." and handed him the pregnancy test. He was so happy and surprised, just like I was. 
That evening we told my family when we got to Katie's house and the next weekend we were able to share the news in person with Chris's family when we went to Austin to meet our new niece, Gentry. I'm 6 weeks now and we haven't shared the news with any of our friends yet, though I'm feeling SO pregnant that I think I feel ok with spreading the news now. My first midwife appointment isn't until March 27, I'll feel even better once I get to hear this little person's heartbeat. 
So far my symptoms are the normal exhaustion and nausea.  The nausea has gotten stronger this week, and is just a steady, constant feeling. Chewing gum seems to help a little. I have had a lot of food aversions already (Peanut Butter Cheerios were great on Monday, but sound so terrible now that I could hardly even type that) and a few cravings- today it was taquitos. I rarely eat taquitos, so strange. 
I wanted to do a better job of keeping track of my pregnancy from early on with this pregnancy, with Weston I didn't really start blogging about it until around 15 weeks. I told Chris last night that after I had Weston for some reason I had really glorified pregnancy in my mind, remembering it as being the best thing ever. As I laid in bed nauseous and exhausted last night I told him to remind me after this baby that I in fact do not really enjoy it. Especially during the first trimester :)
We could not be happier about growing our family and feel so blessed to be welcoming another sweet baby this year. I am due on Novemeber 1 by my calculations, so we'll see along the way if that changes. 
I'm resisting posting this until I do tell more friends and family but hope to continue updating more regularly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment