Sunday, June 10, 2012

19 weeks!


I'm 19 weeks pregnant and this week we got some exciting news... Baby #2 is a GIRL!
We could not be more thrilled about the news! The past few weeks I've been saying that I if I had to guess I would say it was a girl, but all along I was never really sure if that was because it was my gut feeling and I just knew, or if it was just wishful thinking. Turns out, I was right :) For the record, I knew Weston was a boy too.
Looking back on my 19 week post with Weston  I think I look relatively the same size.. I'm interested to see if I'll carry this baby girl the same way I carried Weston. Judging from the ultrasound they both enjoy the same position so far, head down on my bladder (yay!!). Weston felt like he was a little lower by this time though, I remember because it made it uncomfortable to wear my regular pants from early on. This time around I can still wear certain pairs of jeans, using my Be Band or the rubber band trick. 
We are still working on a name for her, but we definitely have a few front runners. I am ready to give her a name though! Chris and I seem to be a little picky about it- we don't want anything too trendy, too popular/common, or too weird! I love old fashioned names and I'm so glad they're starting to make a comeback, her name will most likely be something from that category. 
I'm going to try to keep up with weekly updates again, as often as I can remember, so here goes...

How far along: 19 weeks!
Size of baby: She is the size of a mango
Maternity clothes:  It's a pretty even mix right now. One perk of being pregnant in the summer is maxi dresses and sundresses! I am also a bit of a tank top hoarder and since I like them long to begin with I'm hoping they'll last me most of the summer too!
Gender: It's a girl!!
Movement: Every once in a while she is very active, but it's nothing too regular yet.
Sleep: No problems with sleeping. I do usually have to get up to use the restroom once per night.
What I miss:  I can't think of anything I miss at the moment, except maybe having energy. Pregnancy, plus a 14 month old to chase around equals a tired mama.
Symptoms: An achy back... I'm sure this a combination of being pregnant plus carrying around my 26 pound toddler, but I am already breaking out the heading pad in the evening. Hopefully as Weston starts walking more this won't be as much of an issue.
Best moment of the week: Our gender ultrasound. Not only finding out it's a girl, but knowing that she is healthy is so wonderful to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment