Last Wednesday I hit the 28 week mark. Seeing as how it is now Monday of the following week I'm just going to wait to do my pregnancy highlight update until it's time for the 29 week post. Rest assured that both Weston and I are doing great though. I had an appointment with my midwife last Wednesday and everything still looks great! I am measuring just about 28 cm which is pretty much on target for 28 weeks. I also had my glucose test, which wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined. The drink tasted like incredibly sweet, orangey gatorade and was completely tolerable. The worst part was having to wait an hour to get my blood drawn, but I was able to have my regular appointment during that time so it went quickly enough. I haven't heard from their office, so I can assume that I passed my test and all my labs looked good. Weston has been moving and squirming even more over the past couple of weeks. It's so neat to really be able to feel him!
In other news, this past weekend Chris and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary! The year has gone by so quickly and it's fun to think back to where we were a year ago. Of course I'll always remember how sick I (and SO many other people) were on my wedding day, but I still have such great memories of all of our family and friends celebrating with us. We celebrated this weekend by going to Kemah on Saturday and staying the night at the Boardwalk Inn. It was a beautiful day and we spent the afternoon walking around the boardwalk and shops before going to dinner at the Aquarium. After dinner I also had some delicious beignets and hot chocolate for dessert at a cafe on the boardwalk. We woke up Sunday to a nasty storm, so after checking out we went to breakfast and then just spent the day hanging out together. We gave each other gifts, but decided not to go with the traditional anniversary gifts. Instead, Chris got me a Kindle! I have been wanting one for a while and I'm so excited to finally have one. I got Chris a nice black leather jacket which he seemed to like too. It was a great way to spend our first anniversary.
As for Weston's nursery I am disappointed to report that the paint job is going to need to be redone. Not because of Chris's or my lack of painting skills, but because of the fact that our Mid Day Mocha brown has somehow ended up with a strong lavender tint. After putting on a layer of primer and two coats of paint we are thinking it's just the combination of a bad paint color and bad lighting in that room. Regardless though, it will be painted to a more brownish tan before Weston gets here. Hopefully rather soon so that I can actually get busy with the decorating!! Pictures to come as progress is made :)
That's the update for now. I'll try to be more punctual this week with my 29 week post!
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment