Around 2 am I woke up horribly nauseous. That's when the trouble began. I won't go in to details, but I will say that stomach bugs are not fun- and they're especially not fun when you're pregnant. I was up all through out the night, running to the bathroom or putting Lorelai back to bed (she woke up twice). Thankfully I had already planned on taking the next day off, so when I woke up I called my mom to let her know what had happened. I also got an update from Katie that she was only 1.5 cm dilated nearly 12 hours after her water had broken. My mom came over and took Lorelai to Mother's Day Out so that I could recover. She also brought me a coke from McDonalds which was the best thing ever.
That brings us to now- I've managed to drink the coke and eat some plain toast, so I'm hoping the worst is behind me. They started Katie on pitocin to help things progress since her water broke last night. I'm hanging out at home, updating friends on Facebook and planning to pick Lorelai up from MDO around 2. Perhaps this evening if Charlotte has arrived and my stomach is better I'll get a chance to meet my sweet niece. For now though, here's my pregnancy update..
Picture to come when I get myself dressed for the day :)
How far along: 31 weeks.. single digit number of weeks til we get to meet this little guy!
Size of the baby: Weston is the size of a squash. I feel like I've typed that before, but that's what my weekly email says.
Maternity Clothes: I don't feel like I've grown much since last week, so I'm still wearing some normal tops and dresses.
Movement: Still moving all around, all the time. I love it!
What I miss: Cold medicine- especially NyQuil!
Symptoms: I haven't really had any new pregnancy symptoms... I've just had a bad cold and then the stomach bug that struck last night.
Best Moment of the Week: Charlotte's arrival! Even though I haven't met her yet, I love that girl so much and can't wait til I'm well enough to cuddle with her!
Update: Charlotte arrived around 2 pm and was taken to the NICU for low blood sugar and trouble breathing. They removed the oxygen and she's breathing fine, but they're keeping her in the NICU on IV antibiotics for 48 hours. My stomach bug seemed to end around noon today.. I was even able to eat a hamburger for dinner. I'm not going up to the hospital until tomorrow, but will obviously still be keeping a very far distance. Pictures to come soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment