Thursday, March 24, 2011

38/39 weeks

I didn't post a 38 week update- my excuse was that I was on spring break and doing some heavy duty nesting. I cleaned the house quite a bit, finished up the nursery (including putting together a bookshelf on my own!) and spent time with my sweet nieces. Holding little Charlotte is making the last few weeks a little less painful. I know I'm hogging her, but I have to get my time in before I have Weston here!

Fortunately, I did remember to take my 38 week picture, so here is that:



And here are some pictures from today at 39 weeks and 1 day:



How far along: 39 weeks now!

Size of baby: It still says he's the size of a watermelon... I'm pretty sure they'll say he's that size til he's born. My MW is guessing he'll be around 8 and a half pounds at birth.

Maternity Clothes: Pants, yes. In both pictures above though I am wearing my regular spring/summer tops and cardigans. I'm amazed and thankful for all my loose flowy tops!

Movement: He is still quite a kicker. At my appointment today my mw said that is great and that a happy, healthy baby moves around, so that's good news!

What I miss: Definitely sleeping comfortably. I was doing fine sleeping on my side, but it's really starting to get uncomfortable now.

Cravings: Not many... I've been feeling pretty nauseous the past couple of days actually. Still loving Sonic vanilla Diet Cokes though.

Symptoms: I've been having some light contractions and other signs that labor might be coming.

Best moment of the week: I've had a lot of great moments the past week with spring break happening, but my best most recent moment was my mw checking me today and finding out I'm 90 percent effaced and about 2 cm dilated! Hopefully that keeps up!

No comments:

Post a Comment