Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Break In Pictures

Spring break could not have come at a better time during my pregnancy. I was 37-38 weeks pregnant, and my nesting instinct was in high gear. The Friday before spring break my class surprised me with a baby shower! My awesome intern Nicole had planned it with them and I was overwhelmed at how sweet they all were! We got so many cute clothes and other items for Weston!
Some of our gifts:
The day before I had taken the day off to go to my 37 week appointment, and they decorated the classroom. There were balloons everywhere, and they had made banners, I will admit that I cried when I walked in and saw what they had done. This banner in particular made me smile:
I had so much fun putting away all of Weston's new things, but decided we really needed more storage in his nursery. So I got inspired, found this bookshelf at Target, and decided to put it together:
It matches the rest of the furniture perfectly, and now I have extra space to display picture frames and store toys and blankets.
And I couldn't write a post about spring break without mentioning this cutie...
She spent the night with us on Friday when spring break began, and I was thinking it'd probably be the last time for her to do so before Weston came..But on Thursday when Katie told me she had packed her own bag to come stay the night again, how could we resist?? We had a lot of fun. She and Uncle Chris always have fun playing together, especially hide and go seek :) This picture was taken right after she got her hair cut, I just love it!
I went back to work after spring break and was pretty depressed about having to do so. It was good to get a few last minute things arranged though before Weston comes. I'm pretty sure I am done now, per my midwife's suggestion. Hopefully Weston will just arrive in the next few days and I won't even have to think about going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment